Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Food Critic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Food Critic

    Alright.. Finally... a sticky for the food critics.. I know we always ask, and we do have some post(s) here and there... but now.. we've got an official food critic post..

    Restaurant name and location, what you've eaten, the service, atmosphere etc...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    Alison's - Abingdon, Va

    Salad, Baked Potato Soup, Ribs, and Sweet Tea!

    The salad was rather small for a side salad, but the ranch dressing was the flavor I really love.

    That world famous Baked Potato Soup is the best I've ever eaten. It's absolutely fantastic, and is hands down the best.

    The ribs were great as well, and had a sweet/tangy taste to them.

    Sweet Tea was sub-par, I've had way better.

    The atmosphere was great. It's an old drive-in that's been converted to a sit down restaurant.

    I would advise anyone who hasn't eaten here to give it a shot.

    It's located on Lee Highway between Abingdon and Bristol. Going towards Abingdon, it'll be on your left, right before the John Deere place.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    The Wing Doctor - Bristol (State street)..Va side..

    if you need a fix for wings, go there.. Very tasty wings.. great sauces..
    try it

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    can you get "buffiyaki" wings there? I had some while down in charleston that were half buffalo sauce, half terriyaki sauce and they were unreal! my brother got them as takeout from this german style pub. I would have never thought to mix the sauces like that.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    I don't remember, but I'm betting you can.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    yay!

    my kids and I like going to the harvest house in wise and we get a harvest stack sandwich and a "big train" drink.

    we like the atmosphere-mostly coffee shop kinda thing. The big train drinks are better than starbucks, we think. they play alot of comtemporary christian music.

    the harvet stack sandwich has turkey, ham, swiss cheese, bacon and spinach dip style sauce. I get it on a bagel and the kids get whole wheat. they have pasta salads and other sandwiches but we always get the same thing. we don't get over to wise much anymore but when we do we try to go there.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member JohnnyClintwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    77
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alison's - Abingdon, Va

    </div></div>

    it was ran buy the same lady that ran fishtales in norton, and i think it still is. they got good bbq, or did when i did it there

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    Pepper Jack Grille, Lindenwood Center in Bristol (I-81, Exit 7 near O'Charley's, Logans and all that) Awesome, kick-butt nachos. Also got the cheese ravioli with pepper jack marinara ... great. It is what it is. If you like pepper jack cheese and reasonable prices, this is your place.

    Atmosphere, A++. Service A (had a ditsy waitress)

    I made the mistake of being in Bristol before race weekend the first time I ate there. My friend and I were in one of about five or six booths against the wall. This large group came in, about 15 or 20, no call ahead. Kept telling the hostess to have those of us in the first three booths and a back table moved so they could all sit together. The manager told them no. If they had a group that big, they should have called ahead. They would not ask any of their customers already seated to move. Not only did they not make us move, the manager personally came around and told all of us to take our time. Other than that one jerk, the entire meal was simply great!
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mm70's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2007
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    oops, I meant to put harvest time coffee shop...not harvest house, anyways, it's good.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Food Critic

    Gotta give props to Olive Garden . The Never Ending Pasta Bowl, salad and breadsticks for $8.95 is the shizz . Period ! Had the tomato basil caprese w/fettuccine and 5 cheese marinara w/penne .
    I was in a world of bloat . [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •